F A Q
This page will answer your frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer to a specific question here, kindly contact us.
- Do you close for the summer holidays?
Our school offers year-round language courses. This summer 2019, the school will be open during the summer, that means that classes will continue as long as there is a minimum of 4 students per group.
- Can I surf the internet and check my emails while studying at HLS?
Yes, our school offer free access to WIFI, printers, screens and scanners.
- Does Hungarian Language School offer any insurance cover for long-term students?
No, but it is mandatory for visa purpose to arrange personal liability insurance yourself. If you want us to arrange health insurance for you during the period of your stay, please contact us directly.
- How can I book a course ?
Fill in the online application form, change the language on the top right corner. If you need an enrollment letter please contact us via email at
- Booking is confirmed once you pay the full amount of the course
- How soon do I need to book a course?
As class size is limited we recommend that you register and pay the tuition at least one month in advance.
- Can I book initially for one or two weeks and then extend my course?
Yes, but remember there is no guarantee that we will be able to provide you with a place on one of our courses. It could mean a gap between the end of one course and the start of the next language course.
- Will I receive confirmation of my booking?
Yes, once we process your payment you will normally receive confirmation of your booking by receiving an invoice and signing the educational agreement at our school, apart from on weekends. If you haven't heard anything from us within two days, get in touch as it might mean that your booking has not been received. As soon as we receive your advance payment, your course will be guaranteed.
- How can I pay for my course?
We accept payment by bank transfer , in cash or by credit card at our office.
- Will you send me an invoice before my course starts?
Yes, we confirm all bookings with an invoice. You will receive the invoice at the school. However, under personal request, we can send invoice via email (pdf).
- What will it cost me if I cancel my booking?
20% administration fee will be charged for booking cancel prior beginner of the course. Cancellation, after the course begins, will not be refunded.
- What qualifications do the teachers have?
All of our teachers are native speakers. They are all university graduates with master degrees and have extensive experience in adult language education.
- How big are the classes?
At our school, classes are limited to sixteen participants during the academic semester and ten during the summer period.
- How long is a lesson?
- How old do I have to be to join a course?
To book a language course at our school you have to be 16 years old. For our summer programs, the minimum age is 13 years old.
- How do I find the right course for my language level?
Our adult courses require an online assessment before arriving or undertake an on-site level test at the school so that you can start your first day in the right class.
- Can I change groups if I feel I’m in the wrong group?
Yes, should you feel the class you are in is too fast, too slow, too easy or too difficult, have a word with your teacher. If you need a second opinion, speak to the school’s management who will help you with your decision.
- What is included in the course price?
Books and other teaching material, the culture and activities programs, the placement test, the weekly tests and your course certificate attesting to the level obtained.
- Will I receive a certificate?
All students who have attended more than 80% of the teaching sessions in their course will receive an official certificate by both the Higher Education System in Hungary and Hungarian Language School stating their language level.
- If I need a visa, where and how do I get one?
Please check our visa information page for specific information regarding visas.
If you can't find the answer to a specific question here, why not send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org?